5637 Commerce Street
St. Francisville, LA
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Children's Therapy & Learning Services
Speech-Language Therapy (ST)
OT can help your child develop and refine their "skills for the occupation of living" which includes the ordinary, familiar, and meaningful activities that a child needs and wants to do each day - from eating and getting dressed, to excelling in school, and on the playground with friends. OT can help a variety of children, from those with disabilities to those recovering from illness or injury.
Examples of Occupational Therapy interventions include **
- Self-care skills (e.g. dressing, shoe tying, brushing teeth, grooming and hygiene)
- Feeding (e.g. accepting a variety of different foods, oral motor skills, feeding, drinking, using utensils)
- Fine motor skills (e.g. handwriting, grasp, buttoning, opening a bottle cap)
- Gross motor skills (e.g. safely navigating the environment, facilitating movement to sit, crawl, or walk independently,
- Self-regulation (e.g. coping with disappointment or failure, demonstrating appropriate levels of energy, )
- Sensory Differences (e.g. auditory, tactile, movement sensitivities or under responses)
- Social skills (e.g. sharing, turn taking, play with peers, playing in creative ways)
- Organizational skills (e.g. time management)
**AMERICAN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSOCIATION. (2014). OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PRACTICE FRAMEWORK: DOMAIN & PROCESS (3RD ED.). AMERICAN JOURNAL OF
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY, 68(SUPPL. 1), S1–S48. HTTP://DX.DOI.ORG/10.5014/AJOT.2014.682006
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP'S) work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, feeding and swallowing disorders. We can help your child overcome communication challenges by assisting with the improvement of their verbal and non-verbal language skills as well as improving skills in articulation, phonology, and the oral-motor skills in feeding, swallowing, phonation, resonation, and speech.
Speech Therapy Interventions Currently Provided:
- Early Intervention- Play, Gestures, Interaction, Language, Feeding, and Speech
- Expressive and Receptive Language- Understanding and Use of Language
- Articulation, Phonological Processes, Oral Placement Disorders
- Oral Myofunctional Therapy (e.g. tongue thrust and ties)
- Feeding and Swallowing (lip closure, drinking, chewing, bite manipulation, swallow)
- Form (phonology, morphology, syntax) and Meaning (semantics, vocabulary)
- Hearing (Our SLP is also a certified Audiologist)
- Social communication (e.g. greeting, commenting, asking questions, turn-taking, understanding non-verbal language, pragmatics)
- Work with Pediatric Occupational Therapy to provide best individual outcomes
We provide READING ASSESSMENTS and INTERVENTION which may be covered by insurance. Please call our office for more details.
We also provide CUSTOM-MADE SWIM MOLDS made in office.